Saturday, June 27, 2009

Get it Directly

I already wrote the following, elsewhere. Forgive me. But this is my story. Don't take this personal. The following is my story. I would say this to anybody. Please forgive me for what I am about to say.


Get it directly.

I have always taken pills. Calcium. Vitamins. But the older I get. The more I prefer to go more direct than that. Pills are good. Don't get me wrong. Especially when we can't get it from out diet. And that happens. But the older I get. Still. And don't take this personal. But I try going direct. In other words. I want to get it from the fruits, the vegetables, the whole grains, nuts, fish (Omega 3)...... Pills are good. Don't get me wrong. Don't get mad at me. I am not too big of a health freak. I have fasted one day per week, for like two times in my whole life. That is not much. I try exercising. Basketball. A little. I read books. My mother has read bookshelves on it. And she knows people. And my older sister.... but not to say that I am an expert.... or that they are..... I do eat meat. Not too much. Maybe not red meats. I feel better this way. Not that you don't. Well. Am I talking too much about food right now? This might all be beside the point. Excuse me. I just think that pills are indirect. They are not as good. There seems to be a weakness in them (not that they don't have strengths). Ok. I know you would have to disagree with that. That is fine. I understand. But it is like partial. A pill will contain part of the fruit. The plant. The mineral. That might be good. But then again. It is still only part of it. We may know that the one part is what helps. So we make a pill out of that one part. But who to say that the one part works without the rest of the plant? Like, you cannot have one without the other. It just might be missing something. An ingredient. This is so complex. The body is so detailed. Food is so deep. It was meant to be eaten in the original form. Not mutated. Lacking all the ingredients to a food. Each vitamins does so many things. It is hard to pinpoint just one and name that one the hero. It is true to some extent. I know. But it is just not the whole story. I think. Alright. That is it. Sorry. I could be wrong. But it makes sense to me. There are exceptions. We will have to take pills at times. But for the most part. I would rather take the more direct approach. Go for the whole package. Get all the pieces in the puzzle. For my body. Because it is all so complex. But this might all be beside the point. Please forgive me for my views.


Therefore, or back to our topic.

I have taken the normal supplements. Not so much muscle building. I would. But I would rather go for the more natural approach. But anyways. My Mother has taken a lot of pills. For bipolar. For a lot of things. Long story. She is only age 58 or so, right now. But she ran into a lot of health problems. And the doctors barely got it right. Actually, only a few doctors would get it right. Pills do not always do it. There are always side effects.


But the main side effect for the direct approach is simply a better life.

No comments: