Wednesday, July 1, 2009

If You Wear It, Bear It!

Put on the uniform, in your heart, first, before you come apart.

Easy for me to say. Since I do not have one, officially. Not yet. But then again. I have thought about it. Should you wear your uniform? I have thought about that for years. I understand if you have problems with the uniform. When I say you, I am first talking about myself. I use to have a problem with it. But you really have to think about it. You have to ask yourself. Where and when did it all begin? Why were they wearing uniforms? Who's idea was it? Why where they doing it? Was it worth it? Well. I cannot answer that question for you. But. Personally. I would have to say yes. It was worth. I mean. Sure. It depends on the person. Because. If you put on the uniform. That does not mean anything. If you do not put on Christ, inside. People do that. Sure. When people do that. Then. It makes the uniform look bad. You may know somebody who did not take care of their uniform. When they were not wearing it. When they were elsewhere. Doing other things. Saying other things. Not walking the talk. When nobody was looking. They were not representing Jesus. And. Sure. that happens. And that makes me..... how do I say...... sad. You can easily say. Therefore! I will not wear it. It might make me look bad. It might offend somebody. Or...... there are other reasons (or excuses) why one may not wear a uniform (but in doing so, we miss the point) ...........

Or to a lesser extent. It may be the appearance of the uniform. I understand. I do not believe in being immodest. I believe in fashion. Looking good. But. You need to stop for a second and think about this. Now. I would have to say. First. I don't think the uniforms look that bad. Sure. We could work on it. Redesign it. To fit this generation. Maybe. We could think about that. But that is besides the point. Because. It is not that bad. They look fine. Honest. But. Say. Hypothetically. Even if they didn't. It would not matter. Because Jesus matters more. We want to represent Jesus. We want to label ourselves, so to speak. We want to be available for people. What way is better? We want to be set apart. We want to be in the world. But we do not want to be the world. You do not have to wear a uniform. But it is very recommended. You do not know what you are missing. Opportunities are awaiting. There are open doors. But the uniforms may be your only way in, your only foot in the door. You just never know!



The only problem that I would have with uniforms.

If you wear it. Then bear it. That is all that I can say. Put it on, internally, before you go out, externally. I mean, sure, we make mistakes. Do not wait until you are perfect before putting on your uniform. But you should pray in the morning. Ask God to put on your spiritual uniform, the armor of Christ, before you get dressed for the day. Do not take the uniform as mere tradition. Sure. That is what it is. But it is more than that. It is not just tradition. I mean. How do I say that? Tradition is not a bad word. I use to have a problem with that word. But it is only bad if you do not do it for Jesus. Out of the heart. I mean. Really. Tradition usually becomes heartless. Brainless. It becomes isolated from love. And that is the biggest problem with anything. But it does not have to be. If you wear it. Then that is good. But do not forget why you are wearing it. Pray, everyday, that you do not forget.......................



If you wear it, bear it!

No comments: