Monday, September 29, 2008

Making My Words Concise

My older sister gave me the goal of making my words count.

How many times have I confused others with my run-on sentences? How often do I appear confused, in character, to others? My sister was telling me how I often try to be funny too much. I understand what she is saying and all. I understand that my illustrations, my parables, my analogies, are not always translatable, always dependable, always comprehensible, always relevant, always true, or always loyal to the major emphasize or task at hand.

There was a teacher in my life once, while in Hawaii, Michael Collins, several months ago, who told me what I needed to hear, that I need to focus at what I need to say or do, things that really will count for eternity, and stray away from constant affairs or obsessions with being funny all the time.

As a writer, I am suppose to be more observant and simple. I find life to be hard, complicating, so deep, and so unfair. I take the words from my teachers, my family, friends, and from my sister, and I agree, I understand. Yet, somehow, still, I am still looking for a balance, for the ability to be real and simple. And when I say real, I say complex. When I say simple, I say organized. And I am sorry but I must say that my love for oatmeal is not a joke. My ability to be funny is not a joke. I do not just say things to be funny. I am funny mainly because I have character and integrity. In other words, I am funny because I am raw, original, simple, and real. Being funny does come from the root of fear, and from the root of knowing oneself. I am so sorry for being full of myself, for boasting about my talents, right now, you know, being full of myself, defending myself, being real about the facts of life, because I do care. And things are deep. And I really do not want to waste my audience.

I do not want to waste my audience

I have been taking the advise from many mentors, friends and family alike. I am finding inspiration to change from not being understood, I am taking that journey to improving communications, because organizing thought (which sparks open personal change and revolution) are my favorites in the world. I know that I am a really deep person and all but there is a problem with throwing those kind of bricks at people

bricks knocks you down

I could be Rob Bell, or the president of the USA, but that still does not give me the right to have excuses to why I confuse people, to why I can't live out my dreams, to why I can't be an international teacher, to why I even have to be accountable for my actions. I mean, I have a lot of dreams and all, but I have to take life one step at a time and work with what I have, where I am. It does not matter where I want to be in life, with my dreams, if I am not determined with being honest with where I am, and in being active in taking it a step back out towards the right direction. And that goes with my ministry to others. I cannot usher people to the promise land if I do not go back to Egypt, back where they are, to first free them, to enable them for the journey to begin with. I need to go where people, before I can take them to the next level.

Go back to where they are, before you can assist in taking them to the next level

And I find my life really hard right now, Ad all I seem to have for myself are excuses. I feel like life is too short to go after what you want. I am interested in so many hobbies. And yet beyond all that lies the root of my desire to help others, to reawaken others, to teach them to teach others, to equip others to making this world a better place, to delegating, to collaborating, to organizing this world, to making music videos, to researching, to writing, to sponsoring, and to speaking to large crowds to promote revolution. And it is so amazing that I have not scared all my friends away. I have not confused all of them yet. I need to still figure this out.

Can I relate with others, well?

No comments: